FOG is a free open-source network computer cloning and management solution.
For more detail about the FOG, you can visit here
Installing CentOS 7 & Configuring Partition for FOG
1.Installing The Operating System (CentOS 7)
In the process of partitioning during installing CentOS 7, you should configure as the recommended below:
- Swap partition the same amount as the amount of RAM that the system has.
- Delete /home partition or limit it’s size to very small (perhaps 15GB).
- Limit / (root) to 25GB instead of 50. Please keep in mind that this is also the partition where the snapins are stored. If you plan to use a lot of snapins and don’t think that (roughly) 25GB is enough, then leave this at 50.
- Increase the size of /boot from 500MB to 2GB for breathing room in the future.
- Create a /images partition with all remaining space.
After partitioned, under the network card setting, you have to configure IP information such as IP Address, subnet mask, default gateway, DNS IP Address, and server hostname. Beside this, you also need to configure Time-Zome and set root password.
Note: After installed CentOS 7, you should keep the system up to date by the command:
yum update -y
2.Prepare The System
- Configure firewalld
yum install firewalld -y systemctl start firewalld systemctl enable firewalld for service in http https tftp ftp mysql nfs mountd rpc-bind proxy-dhcp samba; do firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-service=$service; done echo "Open UDP port 49152 through 65532, the possible used ports for fog multicast" firewall-cmd --permanent --add-port=49152-65532/udp echo "Allow IGMP traffic for multicast" firewall-cmd --permanent --direct --add-rule ipv4 filter INPUT 0 -p igmp -j ACCEPT systemctl restart firewalld.service echo "Done."
- Add firewalld exceptions for DHCP and DNS (In case, you are going to run DHCP in FOG server)
for service in dhcp dns; do firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-service=$service; done firewall-cmd --reload echo Additional firewalld config done.
- Set SELinux to permissive on boot
sed -i.bak 's/^.*\SELINUX=enforcing\b.*$/SELINUX=permissive/' /etc/selinux/config
To install latest version of the FOG by using git, it can be found here.
yum install git -y cd ~ mkdir git cd git git clone https://github.com/FOGProject/fogproject.git cd fogproject/bin ./installfog.sh echo "Congratulation! FOG is installed in your server"